Why work with us as a self-employed at-home carer in Devon?
We’re always on the lookout for the best care professionals!
Those registered with us earn typically at least 50% more than from traditional employment.
Our self-employment take-home rates start from £12.50 per hour.
As an introduction, to a new concept for some, we thought that you might like to know more about how we actually perform in helping professionals develop their careers working with us:
One of Susan’s former colleagues and friends, Ryan, joined the Friends Helping at Home network in Torbay.
After a couple of months, Ryan had offers for more hours than he wanted so he introduced Susan whom he had worked with for over two years in a previous job.
Susan had been employed on minimum wage working for a domiciliary home care company, her job included driving around the town for short, rushed customer visits, stressed, with customers not getting the service they wanted, so she’d got to the point of wanting to get another job, and was seriously considering leaving the care sector – unfortunately an all too familiar story!
Hence Susan’s interest in the opportunity that her friend had introduced her to.
Susan had an interview with Karen who explained that the role is self-employed.
Susan hadn’t considered being self-employed before.
Karen explained what is a very quick and easy process and our way of working.
Susan decided to register with us and was introduced to several customers in Torquay.
Susan went with Karen to be introduced and to meet prospective customers.
All our customers meet, select and book the carers of their choice.
Within a few weeks, Susan is earning in excess of £400 every week, customer visits at a minimum of an hour and is working 25-30 hours every week.
“It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made, I have time for my customers and feel valued without any of the unreasonable pressures that I had in my previous job”
Susan now earns what she wants and agrees with her customers the rates and the hours that she’s available for work.
Karen Breyley, Branch Manager says, “It’s a bit like AirBnB, customers book the carers that they like and carers choose the customers that they like and set their own rates and availability.”
Benefits of being a self-employment carer with us
- You can continue with existing or part-time employment elsewhere should you wish whilst you build up the hours that you want.
- Set your own rates and availability, we enable you to reach your earning potential and value.
- You can offset against your tax legitimate costs of work, including travel costs (currently 45p per mile), insurance, mobile phone and other related costs from your work.
- Low agency fees and higher carer rates are achieved (and with savings for customers too).
- Our way of working is recognised as being genuinely self-employed.
- Free access to central resources to help you do everything right (ensure that you are properly registered self-employed, know what to do).
- Admin management such as invoicing and payment collection.
Help and support from our care community
It took only five minutes to register Susan as self-employed with HMRC
Our Administration Manager, Chloe Perry, is available to help all of the carers registered with us.
Chloe can be contacted for free independent, professional advice and help with every aspect of self-employment.
Chloe: “Broadly speaking, you pay much less tax by being self-employed. I can give you advice on what you should put aside for tax and national insurance payments. We can also introduce you to Chartered Accountants and other professionals should you so wish. Contact me if you’re thinking about joining the Friends Helping at Home network and have any questions.”
We want to hear from you
Andrew Richardson, Managing Director: “Many people are attracted by the ability to earn considerably more. We, however, only register those whom we consider to the best, where caregiving is vocational. Our business model values and recognises those who actually do care passionately about their work, the difference that they can make, and are consummate professionals. Those who are really good at their job, pleasant and good with customers get booked up. We want to attract those who ‘get’ and appreciate what we do and the tremendous opportunity that we have for the right people. Our way of working is ethical and sustainable as everyone is valued.”
There are now opportunities with an immediate start across South Devon: Torquay, South Hams, Exeter, Teignbridge, Paignton, Brixham, Totnes, Marldon, Ogwell, Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot and Plymouth.
We need care professionals that want to work for private clients as well as for 6 – 12 hour shifts in Rest and Care Homes.
Passionate about care?
Contact us today for an informal chat to find out about these opportunities.
You will need:
- Proof of ID
- To register as self-employed (no cost or commitment)
- Take out appropriate insurance (approx. £8 per month)
- Have a clean driving licence and own transport
- Good references, DBS, and two years experience with CV
- Want to earn more and be valued for what you do
- Want to attain a good work-life balance, but prepared to be customer-led and flexible with the hours and days that you are prepared to work at a premium (i.e. some weekends and some bank holidays)
Find out more about joining our Care Revolution